Wedding Season is upon us! Whether you’re the bride or a bridesmaid, it’s no question that you want to be looking your best at the head table. Our friends at Modwedding.com came up with five top wedding looks to ensure that you are the belle of the ball.
- SMOKEY EYES
It’s all about the eyes! This eye-catching makeup statement is perfect for an evening wedding. Make sure to keep the lip more neutral with nudes or light pinks so all eyes are on yours!
- BOLD + DRAMATIC
For the brides that want their makeup to take center stage in photos, opt for smokey, accentuated eyes with a bolder, brighter color on the lips. A cat eye and a red lip will bring the drama in a classy, elegant way.
- THE NATURAL LOOK
Many brides dream of looking like a natural beauty on their wedding day. Start with soft, earth tones on the eyes, accentuating them with some false lashes (think about adding them just to outer edges of the eyes or using individuals); add thin eyeliner and lightly dust shades of pink on the apples of the cheeks. Top off with pink lip that matches the your natural skin tone.
- SOFT + ROMANTIC
This makeup style uses a mix of brown and pink tones. Earthy tones on the eyes and pinks on the cheeks and lips, with some subtle sparkle (on the eyes and upper cheeks) will ignite a sense of romance on your special day!
- STATEMENT LIPS
Get those lips ready for the biggest kiss of your life! By keeping the eyes relatively simple, the focus remains on that perfect pout. Popular lip colors include bright corals, red and fuchsias. Pucker up, pretty!
Organizing your makeup items during the busy wedding season is easy with the Caboodles Goddess Case, available at Target.
Don’t forget, June 21st is the longest day of the year! Be sure your makeup makes it through the day. Our friends at The Huffington Post came up with some tips that will help you keep your makeup looking fresh all day. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Exfoliate – Makeup sitting on flaky skin does just what you think: it flakes off. Use a gentle microbead scrub, or even just a washcloth, to buff away any dead cells on the surface of your skin to keep the surface smooth and glowing.
- Prime – Primers are packed with silicone, which prevents the oil on your skin from breaking down your makeup. Silicone also smooths over pores and fine lines so foundation doesn’t settle into them and look uneven over time.
- Less is more – The more makeup you apply, the more there is to slide, smudge or smear. This is especially true of foundation, so go lightly and apply just enough to smooth out imperfections.
- Waterproof Eye Pencils – Even on the inner rim of the lower lashes, these pencils deliver eye-popping pigment than won’t slip away. Turquoise liner is huge right now - and makes the whites of your eyes look even brighter.
- Translucent Powder – This sheer, colorless loose powder is the final step to indestructible makeup. But tread lightly: too much powder will create a chalky finish. Apply it with a soft, fluffy eyeshadow brush on the nose, chin and the center of the forehead (aka “The T-zone”), where makeup tends to disappear.
A surefire way to stay perfectly polished is to tote your essentials with you. A Caboodles Zebra Cheetah Hanging Valet, available at Target, can help you stay organized, stylish and fresh-faced all day!
Cool, compact and portable, Caboodles products lets you shine bright, no matter what the occasion. Being organized is a beautiful thing!